9 oktober 2002
of great concern for the health of our fellow human beings do we - as established
physicians of all fields, especially that of environmental medicine - turn to
the medical establishment and those in public health and political domains, as
well as to the public.
We have observed, in recent years, a dramatic rise in severe and chronic diseases among our patients, especially:
- Learning, concentration, and behavioural disorders (e.g. attention deficit disorder, ADD)
- Extreme fluctuations in blood pressure, ever harder to influence with medications
- Heart rhythm disorders
- Heart attacks and strokes among an increasingly younger population
- Brain-degenerative diseases (e.g. Alzheimer's) and epilepsy
- Cancerous afflictions: leukemia, brain tumors
we have observed an ever-increasing occurrence of various disorders, often misdiagnosed
in patients as psychosomatic:
- Headaches, migraines
- Chronic exhaustion
- Inner agitation
- Sleeplessness, daytime sleepiness
- Susceptibility to infection
- Nervous and connective tissue pains, for which the usual causes do not explain even the most conspicuous symptoms
Since the living environment and lifestyles of our patients are familiar to us,
we can see - especially after carefully-directed inquiry - a clear temporal and
spatial correlation between the appearance of disease and exposure to pulsed high-frequency
microwave radiation (HFMR), such as:
- Installation of a mobile telephone sending station in the near vicinity
- Intensive mobile telephone use
- Installation of a digital cordless (DECT) telephone at home or in the neighbourhood
We can no longer
believe this to be purely coincidence, for:
- Too often do we observe a marked concentration of particular illnesses in correspondingly HFMR-polluted areas or apartments;
- Too often does a long-term disease or affliction improve or disappear in a relatively short time after reduction or elimination of HFMR pollution in the patient's environment;
- Too often are our observations confirmed by on-site measurements of HFMR of unusual intensity.
the basis of our daily experiences, we hold the current mobile communications
technology (introduced in 1992 and since then globally extensive) and cordless
digital telephones (DECT standard) to be among the fundamental triggers for this
fatal development. One can no longer evade these pulsed microwaves. They heighten
the risk of already-present chemical/physical influences, stress the body's immune
system, and can bring the body's still-functioning regulatory mechanisms to a
Pregnant women, children, adolescents, elderly and sick people are especially at risk. Our therapeutic efforts to restore health are becoming increasingly less effective: the unimpeded and continuous penetration of radiation into living and working areas in particularly bedrooms, an essential place for relaxation, regeneration and healing - causes uninterrupted stress and prevents the patient's thorough recovery. In the face of this disquieting development, we feel obliged to inform the public of our observations - especially since hearing that the German courts regard any danger from mobile telephone radiation as "purely hypothetical" (see the decisions of the constitutional court in Karlsruhe and the administrative court in Mannheim, Spring 2002).
we experience in the daily reality of our medical practice is anything but hypothetical!
We see the rising number of chronically sick patients also as the result of an
irresponsible " safety limits" policy, which fails to take the protection of the
public from the short- and long-term effects of mobile telephone radiation as
its criterium for action. Instead, it submits to the dictates of a technology
already long recognized as dangerous. For us, this is the beginning of a very
serious development through which the health of many people is being threatened.
We will no longer be made to wait upon further unreal research results - which
in our experience are often influenced by the communications industry - while
evidential studies go on being ignored.
We find it to be of urgent necessity that we act now! Above all we are, as doctors, the advocates for our patients. In the interest of all those concerned, whose basic right to life and freedom from bodily harm is currently being put at stake, we appeal to those in the spheres of politics and public health.
Please support the following demands with your influence:
- New health-friendly communications techniques, given independent risk assessments before their introduction and, as immediate measures and transitional steps:
- Stricter safety limits and major reduction of sender output and HFMR pollution on a justifiable scale, especially in areas of sleep and convalescence
- No further expansion of the mobile telephone technology, in order to prevent a manifold increase in radiation load
- A say on the part of local citizens and communities regarding the placing of antennae (which in a democracy should be taken for granted)
- Education of the public, especially of mobile telephone users, regarding the health risks of electromagnetic fields
- Ban on mobile telephone use by small children, and restrictions on use by adolescents - Ban on mobile telephone use and digital cordless (DECT) telephones in preschools, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, events halls, public buildings and vehicles (as with the ban on smoking)
- Mobile telephone and HFMR-free zones (as with auto-free areas)
- Revision of DECT standards for cordless telephones with the goal of reducing radiation intensity and limiting actual use time, as well as avoiding the biologically critical HFMR pulsation
- Industry-independent research, finally with the inclusion of amply available critical research results and our medical observations
The first undersigned are mentioned in the original, to
be downloaded downwards.
The Freiburger Appell is now supported by more than 1.000 physicians and 30.000 others.
Other languages: www.hese-project.org
Latest News: Bamberger Appell !
und Ärzte halten wir den weiteren Ausbau des Mobilfunknetzes für bedenklich und
appellieren an Politiker, Wissenschaftler und Verantwortliche des Gesundheitswesens,
dem Schutz von Leben und Gesundheit von uns allen wieder den gebührenden grundgesetzlich
garantierten Wert einzuräumen und sofort zu handeln.
Wir fordern nachdrücklich:
- Kein weiterer Ausbau der Mobilfunktechnologie, denn es handelt sich um unfreiwillig eingegangene Risiken mit wahrscheinlich dauerhaften Belastungen.
- Massive Reduzierung der Grenzwerte, Sendeleistungen und Funkbelastungen.
- Aufklärung der Bevölkerung und speziell der Handynutzer über die Gesundheitsrisiken elektromagnetischer Felder.
- Förderung des bewussten Umgangs mit Mobilfunk, Nutzungseinschränkung für Kinder und Jugendliche.
- Überarbeitung des DECT-Standards für Schnurlos-Telefone mit dem Ziel, die Strahlungsintensität zu reduzieren und auf die tatsächliche Nutzungszeit zu begrenzen sowie die biologisch kritische Pulsung zu vermeiden.
Document from 100 german physicians, who make a direct connection between pulsed HF radiation and certain severe and chronic diseases with their patients.
Helsinki Appeal pdf
Benevento Resolution .pdf